Team Member - Oystercatcher, Polzeath
Our passionate team at the Oystercatcher, Polzeath are looking for a Team Member to join them in helping to bring wonderful experiences to their guests.
The Oystercatcher in Polzeath is based in a renowned surfing destination, close to some of the most stunning spots in the county including Rock, Daymer Bay and St Minver. Our self-catering apartments are ideally situated for coastal path walks and alfresco dining with stunning sea views. Somewhere to eat hearty homecooked food, drink local ales and soak up the view, our dog friendly apartment accommodation offers a proper Cornish welcome only moments from the beach.
What it's like to be a Team Member:
Joining us as a Team Member you'll be supported and encouraged within our friendly, tight knit front of house team. We want you to build your expertise, career and confidence with us.
Working closely with all your team mates in our busy pub, you'll:
- Be responsible for taking orders and serving food and drinks
- Make sure the restaurant is spick and span
- Form part of the hands-on team, working shoulder-to-shoulder with the team to deliver a memorable guest experience
- Be a positive member of the team, supporting others wherever possible
Our people say they're really proud of their pubs, guest houses and hotels and that the personal development we offer sets us aside from the rest when it comes to a career in hospitality. As well as the competitive pay rates on offer, we'll also give you great benefits including 28 days holiday (full-time), staff discount and lots of other perks.
You might be starting out in your career in hospitality or maybe you've been working in a similar role and love it. Either way, you'll be renowned for:
- A real passion for creating positive and memorable experiences that wow your guests
- Your natural warmth and ability to build rapport and put guests at ease
- Thriving under pressure and getting a buzz from working in a busy environment
- Being reliable with an exceptional work ethic
- Being a supportive and positive member of a team
St Austell Family Group is a family owned business with world class brewing and pubs at its heart. We began life in Cornwall 170 years ago, and have built a £200m business, with internationally recognised beer brands in Tribute and Proper Job, brewed from our two state of the art breweries in St Austell and Bath. We own 180 pubs, 36 of which we manage ourselves, situated in some of the most iconic locations in the South West. Our ambition is growth, building a long-term progressive and profitable business, fit for future generations.
Our venues are exciting places to be, dynamic, high volume and fast paced whilst also offering high quality locally-sourced food and outstanding beers. The desirable locations across the South West mean our pubs experience significant seasonal demand over the summer.
Perks of the job include:
- 30% discount off food & drink
- 50% discount off accommodation
- Fantastic training & career development opportunities
- Discounted membership with local businesses
- Cycle to work scheme
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you and learn more about you. Simply fill in the short form and we'll get back to you very soon.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.