Front of House Team Leader - Chain Locker, Falmouth
Our passionate team at the Chain Locker, Falmouth is seeking a Front of House Team Leader to help with the smooth running of the pub.
Perched on Falmouth's historic quayside, the Chain Locker offers stylish and contemporary dining. Sympathetically restored, the original 16th century building is believed to be one of Falmouth's oldest. The first floor provides unrivalled waterside views from the pub's cantilevered balconies - perfect for dining alfresco - whilst watching the bustling key and admiring the spectacular natural beauty of Carrick Roads. Upstairs you'll find six boutique bedrooms perfect for short breaks in Cornwall.
What it's like to be a Front of House Team Leader
You'll inspire an environment that champions positivity and hard work. Operating in some of the world's most beautiful locations, we love what we do and always go about our day with a sense of fun and with smiles on our faces.
We invest in our people. Forming part of a close-knit team of talented individuals, you'll receive ongoing support and encouragement to take on new responsibilities and further your career. Be yourself, steer your progression, and join us on our exciting journey.
Working closely with your management colleagues to lead the hard-working and committed front of house team, you will:
- Ensure every aspect of the bar and restaurant runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Support with operational and commercial management tasks.
- Form part of the hands-on team, working shoulder-to-shoulder to provide a memorable guest experience.
- Be an excellent and inspiring role model to your team, providing them with support and development.
Our people take great pride in their pubs, guest houses, and hotels. They also say the personal development opportunities we offer set us aside from industry competitors when it comes to forging a successful career in hospitality.
On top of a competitive salary, you'll receive a wealth of benefits ranging from 28 days holiday (full-time), a generous staff discount, and much more (see below for full details).
You are proud of what you have achieved with your track record of working within a busy bar, pub or restaurant, but you're hungry to achieve more. Possessing a natural flair for communication, you thrive on delighting guests and motivating teams. Your experience has seen you:
- Become truly passionate about creating positive and memorable experiences that 'wow' your guests.
- Develop promising supervisory skills.
- Obtain a good understanding of what it takes to run a smooth bar and restaurant operation.
- Utilise excellent organisation skills.
- Thrive in a busy environment.
Please note, you must be aged 18 or over to join us as a Bar & Restaurant Team Leader.
St Austell Family Group is a family owned business with world class brewing and pubs at its heart. We began life in Cornwall 170 years ago, and have built a £200m business, with internationally recognised beer brands in Tribute and Proper Job, brewed from our two state of the art breweries in St Austell and Bath. We own 180 pubs, 36 of which we manage ourselves, situated in some of the most iconic locations in the South West. Our ambition is growth, building a long-term progressive and profitable business, fit for future generations.
Our venues are exciting places to be. Dynamic, high-volume, and fast-paced, they are go-to destinations for high quality, locally-sourced food and drink. Being set in desirable coastal and rural locations means they each experience significant seasonal demand over the summer.
- 30% discount off food & drink.
- 50% discount off accommodation.
- Fantastic training & career development opportunities.
- Discounted membership with local businesses.
- Cycle to work scheme.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, we would love to hear more about you. Simply fill in the short form and we'll get back to you very soon.