Head Chef - Oystercatcher, Polzeath
Live in available if required, in an amazing refurbished apartment over-looking Polzeath.
After our brand new refurbishment we are looking for a great Head chef to lead our kitchen team of 12 at the Oystercatcher, Polzeath and take our business to the next level. With a brand new kitchen, you will be responsible to develop the menu with two menu changes a year and daily specials using local fresh ingredients and local suppliers. We are a very busy 300 cover seasonal business, with a relaxed beach bar style feel with stunning views.
What it's like to be Head Chef:
Taking the helm in the kitchen as Head Chef we want you to treat the kitchen as your own. You're an expert in what you do, so we'll encourage your creativity, dedication and skill to build a brilliant, buzzing and proud team delivering wonderful seasonal, locally-sourced food which delights our guests.
Working closely with the General Manager and leading your hard-working and committed team, you'll:
- Juggle all elements of operational and commercial management for the kitchen, controlling stock and food margin meticulously
- Enjoy being a hands-on member of the busy operation, working shoulder-to-shoulder with your team to create fabulous food
- Thrive on being a role model to your team who turn to you for support and development, inspiring them to strive for the best in everything they do
- Be proud of your immaculately clean and safe kitchen
- Play a vital role in the development of enticing and tasty menus that are irresistible to your guests
As well as the package you would expect for such a pivotal management role, we also offer great benefits including exceptional bonus potential.
Your passion for fresh, local food and inspiring a hardworking kitchen team to deliver their absolute best is what gets you up in the morning.
You're understandably proud of what you've achieved in your career as a Chef successfully running a buzzing high-volume kitchen in a food-lead venue. You're a natural when it comes to communicating, thrive when under pressure and get great satisfaction from motivating your team. Your experience will have seen you:
- Develop passion and enthusiasm for creating fantastic locally-sourced, seasonal food that wows your guests
- Build and lead exceptional team of people
- Experienced in all areas of kitchen management including great success in stock and margin management
- Ideally gain NVQ level 2 and a Food Hygiene Certificate
- Build your knowledge and skill through over 2 years of managing a kitchen
Our venues are exciting places to be, dynamic, high volume and fast paced whilst also offering high quality locally-sourced food and outstanding beers. The desirable locations across the South West mean our pubs experience significant seasonal demand over the summer, with holidaymakers flocking to experience our hospitality.
As part of the St Austell Brewery family, we are proud of our heritage and independence. We remain family owned with family values. We're delighted to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold status to acknowledge what we have created for our people.
We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels spanning across the South West from Bath & Bristol to the Isles of Scilly.
Perks of the job include:
- 30% discount off food and drink
- 50% discount off accomodation
- A competitive & achievable company bonus scheme
- A supportive health cash plan
- Fantastic training & career development opportunitites
- Discounted memberships with local buisnesses
- Cycle to work scheme
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you and learn more about you. Simply fill in the short form and we'll get back to you very soon.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.