Head Chef - Lifeboat in St Ives
Our passionate team at Lifeboat in St Ives are looking for an inspiring Head Chef to lead their kitchen.
The Lifeboat Inn is a traditional harbourside pub in St Ives serving local produce, Brewer & Bean coffee and St Austell Ales. We always want to hear from energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our team.
What it's like to be Head Chef:
Taking the helm in the kitchen at Lifeboat as Head Chef we want you to treat the kitchen as your own. You're an expert in what you do, so we'll encourage your creativity, dedication and skill to build a brilliant, buzzing and proud team delivering wonderful seasonal, locally-sourced food which delights our guests.
Working closely with the General Manager and leading your hard-working and committed team, you'll:
- Juggle all elements of operational and commercial management for the kitchen, controlling stock and food margin meticulously
- Enjoy being a hands-on member of the busy operation, working shoulder-to-shoulder with your team to create fabulous food
- Thrive on being a role model to your team who turn to you for support and development, inspiring them to strive for the best in everything they do
- Be proud of your immaculately clean and safe kitchen
- Play a vital role in the development of enticing and tasty menus that are irresistible to your guests
Our people say they're really proud of their pubs, guest houses and hotels and that the personal development we offer sets us aside from the rest when it comes to a career in hospitality. As well as the package you would expect for such a pivotal management role, we also offer great benefits including exceptional bonus potential.
Your passion for fresh, local food and inspiring a hardworking kitchen team to deliver their absolute best is what gets you up in the morning.
You're understandably proud of what you've achieved in your career as a Chef successfully running a buzzing high-volume kitchen in a food-lead venue. You're a natural when it comes to communicating, thrive when under pressure and get great satisfaction from motivating your team. Your experience will have seen you:
- Develop passion and enthusiasm for creating fantastic locally-sourced, seasonal food that wows your guests
- Build and lead exceptional team of people
- Experienced in all areas of kitchen management including great success in stock and margin management
- Hold a Food Hygiene Certificate and ideally have gained NVQ Level 2
- Build your knowledge and skill through over 2 years of managing a kitchen
Our venues are exciting places to be, dynamic, high volume and fast paced whilst also offering high quality locally-sourced food and outstanding beers. The desirable locations across the South West mean our pubs experience significant seasonal demand over the summer.
As part of the St Austell Brewery family, we are proud of our heritage and independence. We remain family owned with family values. We're delighted to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold status to acknowledge what we have created for our people.
We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels spanning across the South West from Bath & Bristol to the Isles of Scilly.
Accomodation available in Penzance
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you and learn more about you. Simply fill in the short form and we'll get back to you very soon.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.