St Austell Brewery have a superb new opportunity for two Class C LGV Drivers to join our new Distribution Depot in Wimborne.
What it's like to be a Class C LGV Driver with St Austell Brewery
The role of the LGV Driver is to deliver stock to all free trade customers, and our managed and tied estate.
You would need to be hold a Class C HGV driving license and ideally have some experience working as a LGV Driver preferably in the beverage industry. The successful candidates will be required to work to very high standard, have a flexible approach to work whilst being hard working and reliable. This role is a very physically demanding job therefore you would need to be physically fit.
- Prepare the lorry for delivery, which would include all vehicle checks.
- Ensure that all goods are delivered in an appropriate and timely manner
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against delivery notes
- Ensure that all delivery instructions are adhered to
- Ensure that all legislation relating to driving is complied with, including a CPC card.
- Ensure the vehicle is fit for the road by undertaking and logging routine checks of lights, tyres, oil, water, etc., reporting any defects, to maintain the safety of driver, public and goods.
- Ensure the vehicle is loaded safely.
- You may be required to perform any other duties that fall outside your job title or key job duties.
- Deal with any customer queries, passing them to the Transport & Planning Manager where appropriate.
As part of the St Austell Brewery family, we are proud of our heritage and independence. We remain family owned with family values. We're delighted to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold status to acknowledge what we have created for our people.
We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels spanning the South West from Bath & Bristol to the Isles of Scilly. Our venues are exciting places to be, dynamic, high volume and fast paced whilst also offering high quality locally-sourced food and outstanding beers.
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you and learn more about you. Simply fill in the short form and we'll get back to you very soon.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.