Distribution Depot Manager
St Austell Brewery have a superb new opportunity for a Distribution Manager to head up our new Distribution Depot in Wimborne. As Distribution Manager you will take full responsibility for the Warehouse and Distribution.
What it's like to be a Distribution Depot Manager
You will take responsibility for fulfilment activities, ensuring customer service and employee performance are at an optimum through both warehouse and transport channels. This role can be physically demanding and will require for you to be hands on.
- Direct and control the use of the warehouse to ensure the maximum use of available space and a safe, efficient, and profitable operation which meets customers and business needs.
- Oversee the dispatch and receipt operation to ensure that it operates efficiently, effectively and safely and meets customer requirements.
- Maintain a liaison with the transport manager and production team leaders at St Austell to ensure that there is effective coordination of all operations and those customer requirements are met.
- Provide advice and guidance to company managers and staff on warehouse utilisation, logistics, pallet, and control.
- To ensure that the Company's Health and Safety and Environmental Policies are enforced
- Maintain harmonious employment relations and ensure that all staff are appropriately trained and motivated.
- Maintain and oversee the warehouse transport operations to ensure that there is effective coordination from both teams.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with outside agencies to ensure that the company complies with all legal requirements and regulations and to enhance the company's reputation.
- Develop all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that the highest standards of safety are maintained and that all statutory requirements are met.
- Carry out projects relating to the use of the warehouse and logistics to improve operational effectiveness.
- Direct and control the staff of the warehouse to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Monitor the warehouse facility's security, fire system and CCTV. Respond and resolve problems identified through activations. Maintain records relating to phone call and any responsive action taken and cross reference invoicing.
- Maintain all necessary records of goods stored and despatched
- Develop and monitor the operation of all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that manual handling equipment (forklifts, ride on's etc) and warehouse safety standards are adhered to.
- You may be required to perform any other duties that fall outside your job title or key job duties.
It's a given that you're passionate about being a successful manager but it's important that you also have:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of distribution, warehousing and transport logistics
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proven management skills
- The ability to optimise the team's performance and development
- A passion for the F&B and Brewing industry.
As part of the St Austell Brewery family, we are proud of our heritage and independence. We remain family owned with family values. We're delighted to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold status to acknowledge what we have created for our people.
We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels spanning the South West from Bath & Bristol to the Isles of Scilly. Our venues are exciting places to be, dynamic, high volume and fast paced whilst also offering high quality locally-sourced food and outstanding beers.
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you and learn more about you. Simply fill in the short form and we'll get back to you very soon.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.