Central Reservations Agent
Location: St Austell Cornwall
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Central Reservation Agent to join our already passionate and successful team.
What it's like to be a Central Reservation Agent.
You will need to be a natural problem solver with the ability to find solutions and work well under pressure. You will need to be highly motivated individual in ensuring all our guests receive great service and to continue to build on our passionate culture ensuring our team continue to Deliver Excellence.
The Central Reservations department is open from 8 am until 8 pm Monday to Friday and from 9 am to 6 pm at weekends. You will be required to work 35 hours on a shift basis over 5 days, which will include some weekend work (inclusive of 1-hour unpaid lunch).
With some of the key responsibilities being:
- Taking the lead in guest care and resolving issues
- Managing the integrity of the Hotel Reservations database
- Ensuring the Hotel Reservation procedures are followed
- Complete relevant daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reporting
- Seek the best practice in reservation handling to the Hotels through training sessions and workshops
- Monitor OTA reservations in respect of no-shows
- Building tariffs and special offers in Welcome systems
- Managing reviews and responses for TripAdvisor, Expedia and Smiles (HGem)
- Managing complaint calls
- Ensuring website information is up to date on Hotels and Inns websites
- Managing Hotels and Inns Facebook page and creating regular posts
It's a given that you're passionate about the hospitality industry but it's important that you also have:
- Previous work in Hotel Reservations, Hotel Bookings, accommodation industry or similar
- Intermediate IT skills or above
- Welcome Reservations System experience highly desirable
- Practical and pragmatic team player
We are the St Austell Family Group ….a place where we do things properly.
We are a world-class drinks and hospitality company. Independent, family-owned and proud of our great heritage. We are always on the search for the best talent to help us continue to grow for the future. It's an exciting time to join us. We're building our business for the next generation of customers, consumers and our teams within our business across the South West and beyond.
Interested in this role?
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you and learn more about you. To apply simply select the apply button shown, complete the application and we'll get back to you very soon.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation.